Saturday, April 14, 2012

Finally Touch Down in LAX

Today is the day! After months of anticipation, I finally face the day! The day of coming down to LA for 9 weeks of intensive TT. I booked my flight with WestJet at 8:00am. It was my first time using Nexus to fly, I didn't know how early ahead of time I should check-in at the airport. Therefore, its better to be early than sorry, I got there almost 4 hours early at 4:45am. Just sat there to wait for the check-in counter to open 2 hours before flight time. Although, there are quite a number of flights heading down to the states, because I had the Nexus, I skipped the long line ups at the security checks (I still had to get checked but skipped to the front of the line). I was worried about what to say at the border, as many stories have been told that people got turned away. When I saw the agent, he was having a good mood morning, he just asked me "Are you going to LA for business or pleasure?" I answered "Pleasure", then he let me go. PHEW! That took care of a couple of nights of worries.

At 10:20am TOUCH DOWN LAX. I had to go to the info desk to ask for where the hotel shuttle would be and he was very helpful and helped me dial the number to the hotel. Waited for the shuttle for about a good 20 min. While the shuttle went to different terminals to pick up guests, I met several trainees heading to the hotel as well. Once we arrived, we met more and more trainees who came down either earlier or the same morning. It's time to start bonding and making friends! Then I went to meet my roommate whom we met on the TT Fb group. Since our room was not ready, we took a short trip to the near by strip malls. The stores are about 15 -20min walking distance from the hotel. It's quite windy today at LA so I had to wear scarf and light jacket. We went for our first meal in LA, which was In-N-Out Burgers. I never had them before and was surprised by the flock of customers and LONG Drive Drive line up with such small selection of burgers. But it was all good as we both were very hungry.

After lunch, I went to AT&T to get a local phone for 2 months as I can text back home. We stopped at Bed Bath Beyond for laundry drying rack, soaps, and my can opener. Carrying all those stuff back to hotel was a drag. I didn't sleep much as my yogi friends had farewell dinner with me the night before by the time I gone home and finish my packing was almost 1am. I tried to nap on the plane, but couldn't really. Therefore, it was exhausting, what made it worse was that our room was not ready until 4:30pm!

Once we got our room on the 4th floor near the elevator was awesome. The ice machine is on the other side of the elevator which is a great place because it won't be as noisy when trainees fight for the ice.
I layed out my stuff on the desk as my roomie doesn't really use the desk. and here it is:
I brought Emergen C, Vega Electrolyte Hydrator, Vega Recovery Accelerator, All Greens Powder, Sea Salt, Maple Syrup, a Multi-pot, a 40oz Hydro Flask (blue) and 2 Klean Kanteen bottles, a Thermocafe mug, a Britta water filter jug, Multi Vitamins, Omega 3 pills, cutting boards, can openers and of course my laptop + many more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment