Sunday, May 06, 2012

Week 3 Down!

We had an extremely hot Saturday morning class this week. There were always people leaving the hot room, sometimes 5-6 people at a time! I had trouble doing some of the postures as well, but I tried my best and remain in the room even if I am just lying down. At the end of class, the instructor told us to remain in the room; however, a lot of people ignored her and left anyway. This left me think about the respect and discipline we are here to learn during TT.

I know many of us struggled but can we not remain in savasana for another 2 min when we have already gone through 90 min? Some people say that we cannot make people stay in the room. I agreed but what about the discipline as teachers soon-to-be should have? How can we set the examples for our future students? We cannot the room before Bikram does, then should we not at least give similar respect to the visiting teachers?

As for today, my friend and I went to Venice Beach in the morning for brunch till afternoon. We took the #3 Big Blue Bus from the LAX Bus Center to Venice Blvd+Lincoln Street and transfer to #33 Metro Bus. Please be sure you purchase a transfer fare when you board the #3 Blue Bus. So you don't have to pay the regular fare when you get on #33. There were so many people at Venice Beach, lots of merchants and booths. We stayed at the beach to do some postures and enjoying the sunshine. Some people rather stayed in the hotel to study. I would suggest, GO OUT & STUDY! It's so much more enjoyable! We are already stuck inside the hotel Mon-Fri! We need fresh air! Weekend is the moment we enjoy the real LA!

 
 

 


1 comment:

  1. I most definitely agree. Good to see you guys got out to see a bit of LA!! It was great weather this past weekend. Only to get warmer! Congrats on end of week 3.

    ReplyDelete